Elected Board of Trustees Information
In accordance with Public Act 101-0523 signed by Governor J.B. Pritzker on August 23, 2019, we present the current boundary map of Fox Metro Water Reclamation District divided into five districts based on the 2010 decennial census population.
Elected Board District Map
More information on Public Act 101-0523 is available at: http://www.ilga.gov
ELECTION PROCEDURE SUMMARY
Two trustees will be elected in the April 2021 election. These elections will be located in District 3 and District 4 as shown in the map above. A petition for nomination for election of a trustee of the Fox Metro Water Reclamation District shall contain at least 100 signatures of registered voters residing within the Fox Metro Water Reclamation District. Prospective candidates should contact their local County Clerk’s office for petition filing information and deadlines.
Fox Metro Board of Trustees – Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership, governance, and oversight for FMWRD.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the District Manager of FMWRD as she/he develops and implements the FMWRD strategic plan.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by FMWRD management team for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Reviewing and approving FMWRD’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the District Manager, the Senior Management Team, and District Engineer.
- Partnering with the District Manager and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Representing FMWRD to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensuring FMWRD commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities FMWRD serves.